Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dramatic Stories - The Baroque Era



During the Baroque Period, which was from 1600 to 1750, artists rebelled against tradition.  Instead of copying Roman and Greek figures, they chose models from everyday life and portrayed human emotions that often dramatized a story.  Seventh graders were asked to draw their self portraits and include a background that told a dramatic story. 

"When I moved from Texas to Georgia..."

"When I went to Kosrae..."


"When my dog died..."

"When I fell off my skateboard..."

"When I moved from Ohio to Georgia..."

"When my mom's car was struck by lightening..."

"When I went to the cemetery..."

"When I had to be in the delivery room with my mom..."

"When I fell face first in the park..."

"When I fell, hit my head, and saw God..."

"When I went to jail..."

"When I played basketball..."

"When my nephew was born on the 4th of July..."

"When my Dad came home from the army unexpectedly..."


"How I feel about my little sister..."

"When I got lost..."


"When I got my dog..."

"When I lived in Missouri..."

"When I lived in San Francisco..."

"When I went to my uncle's funeral..."


"The good and bad side of me..."


No comments:

Post a Comment